If you are going to sell anything by email, then you need a superb email marketing campaign. A campaign is a series of emails going out to your list and lists of your partners promoting a product. Here are the 3 easy steps to launch an email marketing campaign.
Step 1: Identify and Recruit Partners
You can launch a campaign in one of two ways. Either on your own, to your own list, or through your own list and the lists of your partners.
Figure out who you want to work with and reach out to them. A campaign planned just for your list will look very different than a campaign built for other people’s lists. You will generally have a limit on the number of emails you can send to someone else’s lists.
Step 2: Build a Timeline Based on How Many Emails You Can Send
Depending on how big of a campaign you are running will determine how many emails you need to send out to your own list. A small campaign might only need 2 or 3 emails, but a large campaign might require 10 emails.
If you’re partnering with someone for a campaign, then you’ll want to limit your campaigns to 2-4 emails to someone else’s list, no matter how big the campaign is.
In the next step, we’ll go over all the most important phases of an email campaign. With your own lists you’ll probably go through these stages much slower than you would on someone else’s list, possibly even one email per stage.
For other people’s lists, you’ll put a lot of the steps into one email just to condense the whole process.
Step 3: Walk Them Through the Emotional Buying Process
Here are the motions you want to walk customers through in a successful email campaign:
* Supply proof and credibility. You will need to establish credibility with those that you are emailing especially if they don’t know you very well. You need to tell people who you are and why they should listen to you.
* Hint at why this new product or service is so amazing. Give them the best selling point right up front.
* Sell the problem. Once you have them intrigued wanting to learn more, dive into the main problem that your product or service will solve. Really stress the pain of the problem and make it seem like there’s nothing else on the market that can address this issue.
* Introduce the solution. Again, emphasize why the solution is so amazing. Remember to sell it logically and emotionally. It should make sense why the solution works, but you can also get them emotionally excited by painting them a beautiful picture of what their life will be like if they use your product.
* Keep building up excitement. “The more you tell, the more you sell.”
* Close. Convince them to buy now rather than later. Make it time-sensitive discount or put a limit on the available quantity or really any reason you want, but make the close powerful and urgent.
Following these steps to launch an email marketing campaign will work on your own or with partners. With this formula you will have people excited about your product and ready to buy.
If you need help with your marketing contact us.