When you think of linking strategies, you probably don‘t think about any of the legalities of it. There are many different theories and rules on the Internet and it’s important that you are aware of which ones could get you into trouble. Here are a few affiliate marketing tips on linking strategies to remember when you are working at making money with affiliate programs:
- Consider the links you want to make with other websites carefully. Remember, it’s not the quantity of links pointed at your site, but rather the quality that will result in a better page rank for your site. The links on your site should be considered resources that you are providing to the visitors of your site.
- Do your homework on the different types of linking strategies which search engines use as their guidelines. Make sure you are naturally linking to your website and always working on ways to increase it.
- Steer clear of programs which promise huge amounts of incoming links overnight. This is a link scheme which ultimately will adversely affect your search engine page ranking.
- Buying links from any sites with high page ranks is a huge no-no of all the major search engines. If you take part in any such activity like this which violates the search engines guidelines, then your website will be banned from listings for participating in this type of scheme.
- Avoid using automated linking programs for your outbound links. This kind of software program prevents the other site from receiving the credit you are trying to give them for the incoming link. Here’s a great way to test this! Place your cursor over the link and hold it there. Check the status bar at the bottom of your screen, if you see their link showing in the display you‘re good as gold. However, if a longer URL appears, the site you are linking to is receiving no credit for your link to them.
Since search engines look at the links coming and going from your site to determine your page rank, the best way to make sure you are doing it right is to just go directly to the source. Each of the major search engines offers a wealth of affiliate marketing tips which can help you dodge all of the pitfalls when it comes to linking to another site, therefore keeping your page rank up and keep you making money with affiliate programs!